Welcome to Recreation Services!
Recreation Services offers a wide variety of programs for all ages and varied interests. We work with existing community groups to provide support for community-based activities. We believe that it is our role to ensure that the residents of the Township of West Lincoln have as many opportunities as possible to develop healthy lifestyles through the pursuit of positive leisure time activities and the development of new skills.
We strive to maintain and enhance the many activities, events and qualities that serve to make our community unique. Our programs, facilities and services are open to everyone in the community. We value and welcome your input and involvement in the process of change.
Our responsibilities include
- Programming of recreation, fitness and leisure activities for all ages.
- Maintaining parkland, playground equipment, sports fields, outdoor washrooms & municipal flower beds.
- Maintaining various indoor recreation facilities West Lincoln Community Centre & Arena, Wellandport Hall, Silverdale Hall & Caistor Hall.
- Scheduling of sports fields (baseball diamonds, soccer fields, football fields) and indoor recreation facilities (arena & meeting rooms,).
- Working with community groups and planning special events
- Promotion and advertising of department programs and services
- Long range planning and the development of new parks, facilities and programs to meet the leisure needs of the community